Wednesday 20 January 2010

Walking with you
Tonight as I walk
Past the moon in the dark, I realise I’m walking with you.
With millions of long walking women
With silvery, moon walking women
With willowy lake walking women
With you.
I know as I lose all sight of myself And I smile and I spy on the world,
I am safe in the steps of my infinite walk
As the long line of women unfurls.
I shudder in mists and in dusks at the lake but I’m strong in this line with you,
I wait and I watch and I wish in the dark
But I’m sure that I feel all of you.
As we walk on our own, in our boots and spare time, in our feet and our moods and our need
Remember the line
And how far it winds
Walk in strength
Past the moon
Walk as we.
I thank you for walking with me.
Sioux Patullo, 2001 from we’moon

No comments:

Post a Comment